In early 2019, the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) reported a nationwide shortage of certain intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) therapies, which has now led to national shortages of all IVIG products. Supply limitations have affected all healthcare providers who administer these therapies, including Infusion Express. At this time, Infusion Express is unable to accept new IVIG patients.
Infusion Express will continue to accommodate existing patients but cannot guarantee product availability. To proactively inquire about a previously scheduled IVIG appointment, please contact your local center.
Gamunex-C is an IVIG infusion therapy that is indicated to treat:
- primary humoral immunodeficiency disease (PIDD) and is two years of age or older
- idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)
- chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) in adults
Gamunex-C is an IVIG therapy that uses antibodies collected from healthy human plasma to treat certain diseases. CIDP patients receive an initial infusion dose over the course of two days and then each infusion is scheduled every three weeks for typically under three hours. PIDD patients receive an initial infusion dose at a slower pace until tolerance is determined — each infusion is then scheduled for every three-four weeks. ITP patients receive infusions over two consecutive days and then monitored for platelet counts.
Patients chose Infusion Express to receive their ongoing Gamunex-C treatments because:
- ALL private suites
- Comfortable recliners, with chairs for guests
- Evening & weekend appointments
- Friendly clinical staff deliver personal service
- Big screen TVs, high-speed WiFi, free snacks