In early 2019, the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) reported a nationwide shortage of certain intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) therapies, which has now led to national shortages of all IVIG products. Supply limitations have affected all healthcare providers who administer these therapies, including Infusion Express. At this time, Infusion Express is unable to accept new IVIG patients.
Infusion Express will continue to accommodate existing patients but cannot guarantee product availability. To proactively inquire about a previously scheduled IVIG appointment, please contact your local center.
Privigen is a biologic IVIG infusion therapy that is indicated to treat:
- primary humoral immunodeficiency (PI)
- chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)
- chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP)
Privigen is a biologic infusion therapy that uses proline stablization to treat primary immunodeficiency (PI), chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (ITP), or chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura (CIDP). Privigen treatments are usually given:
- for PI, usually given every three-four weeks
- for ITP, usually given daily for two consecutive days
- for CIDP, usually given in divided doses over two-five consecutive days, then given in one-two infusions on consecutive days, every three weeks
Patients chose Infusion Express to receive their ongoing Privigen treatments because:
- ALL private suites
- Comfortable recliners, with chairs for guests
- Evening & weekend appointments
- Friendly clinical staff deliver personal service
- Big screen TVs, high-speed WiFi, free snacks